Girls Camp Night!


Yes, yes, I know. It has been a long time since I did a Monthly Mutual activity. And a Girls Camp Post. But the good news is that this one matches both of the categories.
As I wrote a post about our activity, I realized what we did was kind of random, and you could take a lot of different things out of it. So I organized three different activities you can do, based on the one activity we did. I am also going to make separate posts for the last two activities, but this is the overview Girls Camp Night page. It is less of a post and more of a compilation, but I hope you enjoy!

You May Also Like: 


Planning girls camp? Come grab your copy of treat tags, textables, devotional helps & more! ❤Designed for young woman by a young woman to make your life easier. 😘

1. Girls Camp Movie Night

Activity: Watch the movie Once I Was A Beehive. The trailer is below, and basically it is a really cute movie about Girls Camp. It is very inaccurate, at least, for stake camp, but great nonetheless. Here is the trailer:


When I was trying to find the trailer on YouTube, I saw that someone has actually uploaded the whole movie for free onto YouTube. But you didn't hear it from me! ;)

Treat: There is nothing better suited for Girls Camp than delicious s'mores. If someone has a firepit, you can go into the church parking lot and make s'mores. If you don't have access to a portable firepit, then try the treat in the third activity.

2. Flip Flops For Girls Camp 

Activity: This is a nice cheap and easy activity. You'll want to purchase dollar store flip flops for each girl, and then they can decorate them with fabric. There's not much else to say, but that should take up the whole activity.


First, take fabric and cut into three inch strips. I've chosen teal and pink fabric to line my dollar store flip flops. Next, (I know, I need more pics for this) lift up the strip of fabric and tie it in a knot around the strap thingy of the flip flop. I was totally able to do this in the one-hour time period, so your YW should be able to too as long as things go smoothly. Below is how they turned out. I ended up trimming off some excess, and voila! I like these because they didn't cost much, so I can just wear them to Girls Camp without worrying that they will get dirty. My nice flip flops can stay home, and these thrifty and cute ones will go in my bag.


Treat: I found this recipe for adorable flip flop cookies on Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons. (Hehe, that rhymes!) There's no actual baking, you just decorate Nutter Butter cookies to look like flip flops. They're adorable, and you can make them here.

3. Ready For Girls Camp

Activity: Pass out some of my Girls Camp printouts -- the packing list, get-to-know-you sheet, and journal. Next, play Girls Camp charades. I love this idea so much I am going to make a separate post just for it!


Choose a group of girls, maybe Laurels/leaders/YCLs, to draw the free Girls Camp charade cards and act out the rule. The girls will have to guess what the rule is. Then you can hand them a cute little overview sheet, which you can get here. The printable has two sides. If you have extra time to kill, practice singing camp songs.

Treat: You can make Broiled S'more Bars for the refreshments. Below is how I did it, but if you scroll past the pictures, I've said how I would recommend doing it. First, prepare brownies. Use the box mix and you can have them ready in no time!


Next, line the tray with graham crackers. As you can see it didn't fit perfectly, but I cut some in half to make things work.


Next, toss with marshmallows.


Broil in the oven (place the pan vertically in the middle so it is done evenly, cough, cough, me) until the marshmallows are golden brown.


Now, while I am not really an idiot, I can be one, so although my method worked, I would line the pan with graham crackers, then pour the batter in, then coat with marshmallows and put on a final graham cracker layer. I would also make them in a bigger pan so the brownies would be less thick, like the chocolate in s'mores.  The marshmallows would turn to marshmallow fluff in the oven (yum!) and things would be delish.

Yay! I hope you have fun at all of these fun Girls Camp Nights!
Yours Truly,
Molly Mormon

No comments:

Post a Comment